In today’s episode we speak with Dr. Robert Zubrin. Dr Zubrin is the president of The Mars Society and author of the seminal “The Case for Mars” & “Mars Direct”. He is one of the most outspoken voices on getting us to Mars as soon as possible and is often featured in T.V. shows to speak on the subject, such as National Geographic’s “MARS” series.
In this interview, we discuss:
- The Interplanetary Transport System (ITS): What is it, what’s changed, what does Dr. Zubrin like, and what can be improved?
- No flowing water on Mars Nature Geoscience Journal. What’s the deal?
- Some people are speculating perchlorates could be a major issue. What are the dangers of them for settling Mars and are there any possible benefits?
- What year does he realistically think the first human will set foot on Mars?
- What are his thoughts on Mars vs the Moon missions?
- Thoughts on Craig Davidsons adaptation of his MagSail…is it revolutionary?
- Should we have a probe on standby for the next asteroid to visit us?
Also, we discuss the Mars Society’s Arctic Flashpoint hab, possibly expanding a research station in Australia, an MDRS crew discovering dinosaur fossils, the Red Eagle contest, and more!
Find out more about Dr. Zubrin’s passion project The Mars Society at MarsSociety.org
Link to listen to our interview in iTunes: RPR 18 – Dr. Robert Zubrin.
Today’s host is Bill Hargenrader, Founder of I Love Mars Media.
The show and its contents are presented by The Mars Society and co-produced with I Love Mars Media.